Monday, June 05, 2006

Been there, Done that

Things I do not need to do before I die :

Go somewhere because it just 'seems like a good idea'.

Buy a cheap novel from an airport newsstand.

Get a table for one in a restaurant.

Order room service.

Fly first class on an international trip.

Sit in with the band.

Drive a rental car in the USA.

Ask for directions.

Go somewhere with just the shirt on my back and a toothbrush.

Eat an airline meal.

Drive a rental car in Europe.

Chat with a member of the local law enforcement.

Order off the menu.

Drink airline coffee.

Catch a train through Europe.

Eat in the smoking section.

Rent a convertable.

Get a free upgrade, for anything.

Go to Las Vegas, stay more than a week.

Lie about my age, profession, or nationality.

Fly standby.

Switch hotel rooms.

Drink whatever comes out of the tap.

Eat in the best restaurant in town.

Fly a red-eye.

Fly to another country with no notice.

Miss a connection.

Use my phone to get internet access.

Spend more than four hours in an airport lounge.

Leave the 'do not disturb' sign on all day.

Hang out with the chef.

Travel on an expense account.

Ride the london tube.

Check my email from the beach.

Sleep overnight in an airport lounge.

Go to Scandanivia in winter.

Sleep in a youth hostel.

Ride the BART.

Get SSSS on a boarding pass.

And,

Book my own travel.