Friday, March 01, 2002

Day (-1) - Still Early Install

Both halls are empty and the electricians are installing power. Gary has
made some sort of pact with the devil and got ALL the cable installed
last night. "I was only able to test about 80% of them before I told the
boys to knock off and get some sleep. We'll get the rest done tonight". He
then nudges me and says, "Since the halls are empty we'll probably sneak
back here at about 9pm and finish up"

Worldcom have managed to fix their backhoe problem and have gotten me
a circuit, they really weren't sure how much bandwidth we required so
they've given me an STM-4 stub, which was, last time I checked, an OC-12
(622Mbit). Unfortunately that had to be terminated onto a breakout unit
that was lacking a few interfaces so the we were only able to peel off
a single OC3 for the NOC.

Anyway, we left the telcos to play with their special IR glasses and
OTDR and work their magic and went off to examine the floor